We are looking for a Bilingual Leisure Travel Consultant who will provide Merit Loyalty clients with flawless customer service for all travel-related inquiries and the planning/booking of their travel requirements. Leisure Consultants are responsible for taking into account their customer’s desires and incorporating them with their knowledge and experience. If you are an enthusiastic sales oriented team player, this is the career for you! We offer an open ended competitive sales incentive.
Hours: Rotating shift schedule (may include evenings & weekends)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan itineraries; arrange accommodations, airline, cruise, packages, car rentals and other travel related services for clients
- Converse with clients to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required
- Stay educated on airline rules, regulations and current affairs
- Advise clients about passports, vaccinations, visas, foreign currency, travel insurance, excursions in resorts, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years Leisure Consultant sales experience preferred
- Fluent in French/English
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Previous experience selling package holidays, FIT’s, cruises, and coach tours
- Strong domestic and international travel knowledge
- Travel Call Centre experience an asset
- Candidate must possess strong consultative selling skills and the ability to listen to the customer’s needs
- Outstanding customer service
- Computer reservation experience required, AMADEUS is preferred
We appreciate all applicants however, only prospective candidates will be contacted.